Let’s consider in detail what is stretching, why it is necessary to engage in this type of aerobics, what is the use of stretching, and what results is the systematic stretching of the body.
What is stretching – general information
So, stretching is stretching exercises and flexibility. Classes for stretching can be both independent and complementary to the basic fitness or aerobics complex that you perform in the gym. It can be said that everyone practiced stretching, who at least once tried to sit on the twine. Stretching the muscles of the legs is one of the main elements of this discipline.
In addition to the opportunity to sit on the twine, having fulfilled his childhood dream, stretching exercises perfectly train the muscles of the neck, back, arms and entire upper body. Regular stretching exercises will not allow your muscles and joints to lose mobility and thereby prevent aging.
Stretching is necessarily part of the integrated training of professional athletes and is used as a separate area of health and therapeutic gymnastics. This discipline allows you to alternate tension and relaxation of muscle tissue, which helps to quickly relieve tension in the muscles and restore strength.
And one more important fact – stretching gives women elegant elegance. If you regularly practice in the hall, sooner or later you will notice that the excess fat from your body has practically disappeared, but the muscles have increased in size and become embossed. This can create a visual sensation of enlarging the body. The additional benefit of stretching is that it stretches the muscles, not allowing them to grow in breadth. The result is an ideal figure: a thin waist, graceful bends of the body, hands and feet.
We also recommend: The best vitamins for muscle growth.
The use of stretching
So, regular exercises for flexibility and stretching are:
- Examination of all the muscles of the body, even those that do not work during normal occupations in the fitness room;
- Elimination of tension and pain in various parts of the body by removing muscle and nerve blocks;
- Stimulation of the cardiovascular system: the activation of peripheral arteries and veins is especially useful in this sense, which eliminates stagnation and prevents such diseases as atherosclerosis, thrombosis;
- Rejuvenation of the body by returning to it natural flexibility;
- Always a straight posture and a slender, slender appearance;
- Improved mood, increased self-esteem, a sense of comfort and satisfaction.
Stretching can be done at any time of the day, as well as between power and cardio. In a month after the beginning of the classes you will discover completely new possibilities of your body, which you had not previously suspected. For example, you can put your head on your knees or easily sit in a lotus pose. There is no limit to perfection: it is quite possible that even after some time the most incredible asanas of yogis will become quite feasible for you and even comfortable.
Features and nuances
There are different types of stretching that you can choose for yourself, based on personal preferences. Aerostretching is stretching and elasticity with the help of cloths hanging in the air. This kind of novice does not fit: the danger of injury is great. To “air” stretching you can proceed only after a certain preparation, after working for some time with traditional (classical) stretching.
Strength stretching – stretching exercises and at the same time the strength of muscles. This kind is also better for practicing people with experience in the matter of systematic stretching.
Beginners should act gradually and cautiously. Do not immediately strive for the maximum result – you can overload or even damage the muscles. You need to start from the simplest, keeping each position in the complex for no more than 15 seconds.
The main rules for stretching neophytes:
- Stretch the body you need to a certain limit: the indicator, when you need to stop, it’s pain. If you feel pain, then you have reached the current maximum of muscle stretching.
- Training for stretching is better to practice after physical exertion or aerobic exercise: this will provide a sufficient flow of blood to the muscles and increase their elasticity.
- The basis of success is proper breathing: there is no need to delay or force the breath in and out. Breathing during exercise should be rhythmic and smooth. In breaks between positions, you can breathe for a few seconds more deeply.
- After class, let the muscles relax, do not do weight training and do not do heavy work, this can cause overexertion.
Regarding pain: moderate pain should not frighten you. There is a “pleasant” muscle pain, and there is a dangerous one, which warns about a near or already happened trauma. Starting to practice, you will quickly learn to distinguish “useful” pain from “harmful”.
Examples of exercises
Classes are held in several stages:
- Required stage – warm-up or strength exercises in the hall: this is necessary to warm up the muscles and help to avoid injuries.
- Flexibility exercises – slopes, twines, bridges.
- Exercises for stretching – it is better to perform them in tandem with a partner.
- Relaxing exercises.
The effect of training can be felt on yourself after a few lessons. Each time the body will become more and more plastic. Gradually, you can add to the complex exercises for ballet stretching, which will allow even more significant progress. You can practice music. Music for stretching depends on your individual preferences: it can be relaxing ambient, jazz or easy pop. On the Internet there are special resources on which you can select and download a variety of music tracks for all types of fitness and aerobics.
A simple set of stretching exercises and flexibility:
- Stand up straight, legs slightly set and bend at the knees. Raise one hand up, as if reaching out to an imaginary object, then freely lower your hand down. The same with the other hand. Do 3-5 times with each hand.
- The rack is the same as in the previous exercise. Place your left hand on the belt, right-arm your head and tilt it to the right, fixing the position for 15-20 seconds. Pause for 10 seconds and repeat for the other side. Perform 8-10 repetitions on each side.
- Sit down, legs wide apart and put your hands behind your head. Drag to the right knee, fixing the end point, then to the left. Make 6-8 repetitions.
- Stand on all fours, pull the right hand forward, and hold the left leg back, placing them in the most elongated position, hold 15 seconds. Do an exercise for 2 other limbs. Repeat 6-8 times.
- Lie, raise your legs to your head, clasp your feet with your hands, hold 15 seconds. Lower your legs. Repeat the exercise 6-8 times.
As you can see, the secret of stretching in the alternation of static tension of stretched muscles with relaxation. The first sessions are best conducted under the guidance of an instructor or a person with experience in “stretching aerobics.”
Who is contraindicated in stretching
Do exercises for stretching is not recommended for people with injuries and pathologies of the joints and spine, at least in the acute phase of the disease. It is not necessary to deal with stretching people with osteoporosis, arthritis, thrombosis, hernia and serious heart diseases. Do not have to go to workout at the temperature and other signs of infectious and inflammatory lesions of the body.