We all wondered if Phil Heath would return to the platform of Olympia to defend his lost title in 2018. And today Phil Heath quite clearly made us understand that we will see him at the 2019 Olympia.
Phil Heath: “Now I weigh about 118 kg and I am very surprised that I didn’t lose weight up to 110 kg. After all, for 15 weeks I did not train and ate 2-3 times a day. Spent all the time to relax and enjoy life. So now I can say that in 2019 I will look better than last year’s self. ”
Phil Heath height is 5.7
Recall that Phil Heath net worth for 2019 is $5 million dollars and he is one of the most popular bodybuilders in the world.
As you know, even the life of pro-builders is not only training, eating, sleeping and performing. There is a place in it for ordinary human sorrows and joys. And now, already five-time Mr. Olympia Phil Heath, officially divorced his wife, nevertheless continues to see her adopted son.
In his Instagram profile, Phil writes that after all the events, he can join his girlfriend and thanks for the support she gives him at this new stage of life.
All of you, probably, wanted to learn how the Phil Heath trains?
Phil Heath’s program is almost the same as that of ordinary athletes. The bodybuilder won victories in competitions of a different class and level, received a rank of Mr. Olympia in 2011-2017. Therefore, it is safe to say that this person knows a lot about sports.
The Phil program divides all muscle groups into 5 parts, the training of which should take place separately. It looks like this:
- Monday – chest muscles.
- Tuesday – hips.
- Wednesday – spinal muscles.
- Thursday – shoulders.
- Friday – arm muscles.
Phil Heath prefers aerobic exercise to lightweight. For proper study of the muscles of the arms, the bodybuilder performs the following exercises:
- Pushups – 100 times.
- Bending the arms in the slope – 3 to 10.
- Bending with a bar – 3 to 30.
- Using the cable on the block. Exercise repeat 3 to 10.
- Bending with a dumbbell in a sitting and lying position – 3 sets 10 times.
- For chest muscles, Phil recommends these exercises:
- Press on a flat bench in the supine position – 4 to 10. On the inclined – 4 to 10.
- Breeding dumbbells in different directions. At the same time it is necessary to be in a supine position on a flat bench. Perform 4 sets of 10 times.
The following exercises are suitable for spinal muscles:
- Classic pull-ups. Make 5-7 sets maximum number of times.
- Traction in the slope – 7 to 8.
- Hyperextension – up to 7 approaches, 10 repetitions.
- Traction of the upper and lower blocks to the chest – 5 sets 10 times.
- Sumo – 3 times 8-12 sets each.
For pumping biceps:
- Isolated arm flexes with a barbell. Perform in a sitting position 6 sets of 8 times.
- Bending arms with a barbell. Make 4 to 10.
- “Hammer” – 4 sets of 10.
- Bending arms with dumbbells in a sitting position on a bench of 45 degrees – 4 sets of 10.
To train the triceps, Phil performs the following exercises:
- Press narrow grip – 4 to 10.
- The extension of the arms on the upper block – 4 to 10.
- Press on the uneven bars. Perform 3-4 sets the maximum number of times.
Selection of exercises for the shoulder group:
- Army bench press in a sitting position – 3 to 8-10.
- Lifting dumbbells in different directions, double. Make 3 sets of 8-10 times.
- Lifting dumbbells in front of the body is variable – 3 to 8-10.
- Double bench press of free weights in a sitting position – 3 to 12.
- Bench press in the direction of the chin. Make standing 3 to 12.
- Lifting the free weights in front of the body is variable – 3 to 10.
For embossed quadriceps do the following exercises:
- Leg press – 3 to 10.
- Boom squats – 3 to 8-10.
- Leg extension – 4 to 10.
- Lunges – 3 to 10.
- Bending legs in the supine position – 3 to 10.
- Hack-squats – 3 to 10.
- Leg extension in a sitting position – 4 to 10.
For thigh training:
- Traction Sumo – 6 to 8.
- Bending only one leg in a standing position – 6 to 8.
- Hyperextension – 6 to 8.
For calf muscles:
- Extension of the tibia with the block in a sitting position – 3 to 12-20.
- Rises on the socks on the block. Perform in a standing position – 3 sets 14-20 times.
- Rises on the socks in the slope. Also exercise is called “donkey.” Perform 3 to 10.
- For the press uses a giant set – 3-4 sets of 20-30 times. The complex consists of:
- Ordinary twisting.
- Leg lifts in the supine position on the bench.
- Exercises “scissors”.
- Lifting the legs in the wall.
Nutrition with Phil Heath
When performing a program of training Phil Heath, you must adhere to proper nutrition, without which it will be difficult to achieve a positive result. Do not eat foods that have a lot of chemistry. It should be eaten 6 times a day. 5 meals should be complete, in addition, another intake is a protein or a gainer, which are used after the training process.
Eating mode looks like this:
- Breakfast – until 9 am. It consists of 6 egg whites, oatmeal and a glass of water. Apply such additives: glutamine, vitamin C, BCCA, Omega 3 and 6.
- Lunch – steak with rice and broccoli.
- Lunch – chicken fillet, asparagus, brown rice.
- Dinner – at 7 pm. You can eat meat tenderloin, white rice and spinach.
- Snack before bed – fish with broccoli.
Phil Hit tries to cut calorie intake before the competition. Helps aerobics and reducing the amount of carbohydrates to one hundred grams per day seven days before the performance. The lack of carbohydrate foods is compensated by brown rice and vegetables.
It is recommended to use protein foods: chicken, veal, seafood.
Ten days before the show, Phil is on a high-carb diet. During it, the amount of carbohydrates increases by 150-200 grams.
The athlete makes the following nutritional guidelines:
- Sometimes you can allow to eat junk food: hamburger, pizza, etc. You should not overly control the diet, but do not need to relax.
- If you adhere to proper nutrition, it is possible to gain muscle mass in the shortest time possible and lose those extra pounds.
- It is important to combine diet and regular exercise.
The Phil Heath training program and proper nutrition will make your body perfect. The main thing – to develop a clear plan and stick to it.